Monday 16 June 2014

Geometric Mix & Match

Hi everyone,
So today I thought I'd show some nails I wore for an interview a few weeks ago. 
I was so excited for this interview - I couldn't believe my luck! But when I sat down to create a design I had some sort of mental block! I hadn't painted my nails for so long so I guess all creative thoughts had vanished whilst I was revising! I eventually came up with this design. I have to be honest, at first I didn't like it, I even emailed the girls from Dahlia Nails to ask their opinion! 
Sadly I didn't get the job, but the more I wore the design, the more I liked it! It gave me a chance to experiment, and I'm happy with the end result. Those of you who follow me on instagram have probably seen a little preview of this design already! 
Anyway, enough about me, here's the design:


I used Models Own Grape Juice, Models Own Blueberry Muffin, Models Own Apple Juice, Models Own Banger, Models Own Roman Candle, Models Own Rocket, Models Own Catherine Wheel and Models Own Nail Art Pen in Black




The whole of this design was done freehand.If I'm honest I have no idea where I got the inspiration for this design from, I just painted the 3 sections of colour and made the rest up as I went along!



Here is a closer look:



Overall I think this design turned out pretty well. I was able to combine a number of my favourite Models Own nail polishes together and it's a unique design too. I think if I did this again I may perhaps make the black lines a little thinner though!

Do you prefer to have plain nails for job interviews or nail art?
What do you think of this design?
Let me know what you think
Jayna
:)

9 comments:

  1. What a fun mix and match manicure! I love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like this nail art creation!
    Your nails look so beautiful :)

    xx julia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I like it! These colours look gorgeous together! Thanks for already visiting my new blog btw ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it! and nice color combinations

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's a wonderful design! I've done something similar in the past but I used stamping, you've done a great free hand job!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I read every comment and reply to each one, but please do not post your blog link after your comment - these comments will be deleted. If you do want me to have a look at your blog you can send me an email at TheSequinedNail@gmail.com
:)

Related Posts Plugin