Wednesday 12 February 2014

Simple Stud Hearts

Hi everyone,
So today I thought I'd show you a simple design for Valentines Day. I know usually Valentines Day is all pink and red, but I thought I'd do slightly different design for those of you, who like me, don't really celebrate it.
Here's my design:


I used Fingr's Heart 2 Art Peri - Wink Wink, and NPW heart nail art studs
To attach the studs I used my new rhinestone picker from the Born Pretty Store (see my full review here).






Sorry about the clean up - I'm not quite sure how I ended up with little bits of purple nail polish on my fingers!

I think the combination of purple and black works really well. I like the idea of having a small rhinestone on my nails, it's a really good way to show off a nail polish colour!


Overall I really love the simplicity of this design. It's not your typical Valentines Day design, but it is a subtle enough for those of you who don't celebrate it.

What nail art are you planning for Valentines Day?
Do you like this design?
Let me know what you think.
Jayna
:)


29 comments:

  1. Great purple shade! Cute heart studs as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. I love it too, It's such a nice colour! Thank you! :)

      Delete
  3. Amazing! I just love that base color! Perfect shade:) And the studs are awesome.
    Really love that manicure:) Great idea for valentine's nails, so unique!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Me too - it's such a nice shade of purple! :)

      Delete
  4. This mani looks so pretty. I like it :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. We love this mani. Perfect for a subtle Valentine's look. E&J.xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aw hohoho, those hearts are just too adorable! <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very nicely done--it's elegantly festive (I think that's a thing).

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, I really like this nail art design,
    It looks just so creative and I love the result on your nails ;)

    Xx Julia

    ReplyDelete
  9. This looks great! :D I love the simplicity and the edginess with pastel purple and black combined :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yeah, I love the colour combination too! :)

      Delete
  10. lovely design and fantastic blog!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I agree I'm really liking the look of these small studs! Great way to showcase a creme polish while having a more interesting mani... not sure if I would like them on myself though I put chains on my nails once and they really bugged me lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yeah, I think I prefer smaller studs! I don't think I could have chains on my nails either! These studs didn't really bother me as they are so small! :)

      Delete
  12. Love the simplicity of this :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Amazing base colour. I really love these shades. :)
    And studs look great, too.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I read every comment and reply to each one, but please do not post your blog link after your comment - these comments will be deleted. If you do want me to have a look at your blog you can send me an email at TheSequinedNail@gmail.com
:)

Related Posts Plugin