Monday 18 March 2013

Easter's come early!

Hi everyone,
Today's nail art is inspired by Easter (I know it's a little early!). Every year when it comes to Easter, like everyone else I am excited by the chocolate. Most people love Creme Eggs, but to be honest I don't really like them, instead I much prefer Mini Eggs. Mini Eggs are amazing! Because I love Mini Eggs so much I decided to incorporate them into some nail art.


For this post I tried to create the same effect as the new speckled range by Illamasqua (see here).



I used Max Factor max colour effects mini diva violet for my thumb, Nails inc Elizabeth Street for my index finger, Barry M Blueberry for my middle finger, Max Factor max colour effects mini cool jade for my ring finger and for my little finger I used a nail polish from Bobbypin, which I received in a make-up set. I then used Topshop Ice Crush for the glitter and then finished off with Rimmel Matte Finish.



I think the colours work really well together, and I am really surprised about my little finger. I thought the yellow wouldn't look nice, but I was pleasantly surprised and am now on the hunt for a high street version!

I don't really think it looks like Mini Eggs, but I still like the design. I'm not really a fan of glitter polish, but became a fan after I bought Topshop Ice Crush. It has both big and small bits of glitter and looks really pretty, it even has a pretty bottle! I would definitely recommend it.



I added the Matte Top Coat to test it out as I have had it for a couple of weeks and haven't had a chance to use it. I think it has toned down the glitter, which was what I wanted. Below are pictures before and after I added the Matte Top Coat. As you can see there is a difference. I also gives your nails a smooth "matte" feel, which I have to say I really like!



My favourite nails definitely have to be my ring finger (Max Factor max colour effects mini cool jade) and my little finger ( Bobbypin Nail Polish).



These nails have definitely got me into the Easter mood!
Let me know which one is your favourite.
:)

11 comments:

  1. this is so lovely! they look like the easter eggs :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww so cute, just had them eggs yesterday lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. So appropriate for this time of the year! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I must prefer mini eggs too, creme eggs are too sickly and messy.

    I really like what you done, that is really creative, I would of tried drawing on top to get the effect but using glitter is even better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, I find them sickly as well!
      Thank you Lisa :)

      Delete
  5. these nails look so cute, i particularly like the topshop glitter!! just followed :)
    becklaaar.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) I love the glitter too - it's so pretty! Thanks for the follow, I've followed you too. :)

      Delete
  6. This is cute! I love the colors you chose.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I read every comment and reply to each one, but please do not post your blog link after your comment - these comments will be deleted. If you do want me to have a look at your blog you can send me an email at TheSequinedNail@gmail.com
:)

Related Posts Plugin