Tuesday 5 November 2013

Dreamcatcher Nails Tutorial

Hi everyone,
Today is my blogaversary!!!!
I cannot believe it has been a year since I have started this blog!
Thank- you to everyone who follows me, I cannot believe I have been blogging for a year now!

For my final tutorial I thought I'd show you how I created one of my favourite designs: Dreamcatcher Nails! (You can see the post here).




Here are the nail polishes I used:


Here is the brush I used:


Now on to the tutorial:


Paint your nails with a base coat and then add your chosen base colour.


Dip your nail art brush into your black nail polish and paint a half moon onto your nail. To make the line thicker, go over it until you get it as thick as you want.


Using your brush paint some lines going off your half moon at random lengths.


Use your brush to create an X in the centre of your half moon.


Extend the lines in the middle of your half moon to each side.


Wipe any excess glitter off your glitter polish and carefully add a blob of the polish into the middle of the half moon.


Wipe of any excess nail polish from your gold polish brush and then carefully dab spots onto your lines.


Wait for your design to try and then add a topcoat. You can clean up your design after using a brush dipped in acetone or my personal preference, Barry M Nail Polish Corrector.

Here is a round up of all the steps:


Hopefully this tutorial was useful!
Let me know what you think.
To view the rest of my tutorials from this week, click here.

Please let me know if you try out this design - I can't wait to see you all try it!
Jayna
:)

12 comments:

  1. Happy Blogoversary!! :D Thanks for including a tutorial for this one. It's so amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute, might try these this week- hope I'll have time :))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I hope you have time too - It would be great to see you do these nails! :)

      Delete
  3. Happy Blogaversary!

    Dreamcatcher nails are my fav for sure. Thank you for sharing this tutorial! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the tutorial! lovely manicure!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy blogiversary! Great tutorial, I'm definitely going to try this!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These look so great! And that's a really nice tutorial, I love how you explain it so well :)
    I also wanted to let you know I nominated you for the Versatile Blogger Award (I don't know if you've heard of this?) but you definitely don't have to participate if you don"t want to! I just wanted to let you know :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I 'm glad you think the instructions clear, I wasn't sure if they were or not :)

      Delete

Thank you for commenting! I read every comment and reply to each one, but please do not post your blog link after your comment - these comments will be deleted. If you do want me to have a look at your blog you can send me an email at TheSequinedNail@gmail.com
:)

Related Posts Plugin