Friday 1 November 2013

Sky Scene Nails Tutorial

Hi everyone,
Today's tutorial is for the sky scene nails I created in the summer.
I really liked these nails and thought they turned out well.
You can see the original post here.




Here are the polishes I used:


Here are the tools I used:



Now, on to the tutorial:



Paint your nails with a base coat and then add your chosen base colour (the lightest colour out of the three blues).


Next, paint a stripe of each of the blues going from light to dark.


Sponge on the colours, making sure the lightest colour is at the tip of your nail.
Then, use a fast drying topcoat to seal your gradient.


Use your dotting tool dipped in white nail polish to create a few clouds on the nail



Once your nails are completely dry, use your nail art pen to create bird shapes on your nail.


Wait for your design to dry, and then add a top coat. You can clean up your design after using a brush dipped in acetone or my personal preference, Barry M Nail Polish Corrector.

Here is a round up of all of the steps:


Hopefully this tutorial was useful!
Let me know what you think.
To view the rest of my tutorials from this week, click here.

Please let me know if you try out this design - I can't wait to see you all try it!
Jayna
:)

6 comments:

  1. That is so pretty! I love the gradient for the background. Really adds depth.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are so cute!! Love the gradient sky!

    ReplyDelete
  3. such a lovely mani on your blog ! blue nails is my favorite ,but i like all ! i am glad that i found you,and could follow you here on blogger and google +
    wish you many many new post ,dear !
    bubica

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I read every comment and reply to each one, but please do not post your blog link after your comment - these comments will be deleted. If you do want me to have a look at your blog you can send me an email at TheSequinedNail@gmail.com
:)

Related Posts Plugin